Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is UNITEDengue?
UNITEDengue (stands for United in Tackling Epidemic Dengue) is a web portal for epidemiological and virological surveillance of dengue. It is a platform that aims to strengthen dengue surveillance among dengue endemic countries by promoting active gathering and analysis of surveillance data, so as to allow faster delivery of early warning of outbreaks and situational awareness.
2. How can I access UNITEDengue database?
Access to UNITEDengue database is free of charge but it is restricted to participating members only. If you wish to join UNITEDengue, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. How often are the databases updated?
UNITEDengue consists of 2 databases; case and virus databases.
- Case Database:
- Virus Database:
- Dengue case incidence is updated on a weekly basis. Serotype data is updated on a monthly basis.
- Phylogenetic analysis of dengue sequences and report of circulating genotypes and strains are updated between every 2 weeks to 1 month.
4. Who can make use of UNITEDengue database?
Ministry of health, national public health laboratories, universities and research laboratories that are actively involved in dengue surveillance and research.
For any other enquiries on UNITEDengue, please Contact Us...